Clive Public Library Stage 2 Relaunch Strategy
While the library is not yet re-open to public, we are working diligently to ensure a safe re-opening. Please read our re-launch strategy below.
What to expect in the building
- Signage will be clearly posted in the front window and in and around the library.
- Screening of any symptoms such as fever, sore throat, coughing, runny nose or difficulty breathing. If you are showing symptoms you will be asked to leave the building.
- A contact list with police and AH will be posted behind the desk for staff and management.
- Patrons will be reminded to limit contact with books.
- Sanitizer Stations will be at the side entrance where you enter, and program room entrance where you exit only. All sanitizers meet the provincial health regulations.
- Maximum people from 2 households can enter at one time, lines will be marked out for lining up to ensure safe social distancing.
- Visit time is limited to 30 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be closed to the public.
- Directional arrows on the floor indicating foot traffic pattern to be followed.
- Plexi-glass shield to protect both the patron and library staff.
- All soft surface furniture is replaced with easy to clean hard surface furniture.
- High contact surfaces must be cleaned after any contact has been made.
- Gloves to be worn to handle all returns and drop-offs, even with the glove's hands should should be washed/sanitized after each transaction.
- Masks may be worn, but are not required.
- Library hours will continue as usual but can be subject to change with no notice.
Materials- Borrowing and Returns
- Items shall remain bagged for 72 hours minimum before they are circulated.
- Van runs received on Thursday will be left 72 hours minimum before circulating. Safe distance will be maintained with drivers and staff.
Computer Usage and Programming
- One computer station will be available with a time limit of 30 minutes. No gaming permitted. A hard surface chair is in place and the station will be sanitized after each use.
- Programming will continue to be done virtually.
Questions? Please contact us.
- last updated: June 17th, 2020.